November 2017 – December 2018: Project “Strengthening of the capacities for development of the national pollutant release and transfer registers (PRTR) and the support of the SAICM implementation in two countries with economies in transition, Republic Moldova and the Republic of Macedonia”, financially supported by the UN Environment SAICM.
Republic of Macedonia, as Member State to the Kiev Protocol for Pollutant Release and Transfer Registers, is obliged to establish and maintain publicly available database, as a national register for release and transfer of pollutants from the industrial installations on its territory.
The Government of Republic of Macedonia, as proposed by the Ministry for Environment and Physical Planning, responsible for environmental policies, has published the Rulebook of the format, content, methodology and manner of handling the Register for Pollutants Release and Transfer (Official Gazette of the Republic of Macedonia, No. 2/11), defining the obligations and responsibilities, according the EU Regulation (EC) No. 166/2006 and the Protocol.
Within this Project, realized with the technical and financial support by QSP TF and administered by SAICM Secretarat, Handbooks for assessment of emission were prepared as folows:
- Handbook for assessment of emissions in metallurgical and chemical industry
- Handbook for assessment of emissions from energy and heat production
- Handbook for assessment of emissions in agriculture and farms
- Handbook for assessment of emissions in the waste incineration and treatment plants
The Power is in Your Hands
– Guideline for citizens and civil organizations
for the Protocol on Pollutant Release and Transfer Registers