With the impression that the Republic of Macedonia is in advanced phase of achieving its duties and responsibilities towards the Stockholm Convention, the POPs Unit provided an initiative for organizing a TAIEX regional workshop for handling PCB waste.
In May 2006 a proposal for organization of a thematic workshop was adopted and financial assistance by TAIEX (Technical Assistance and Information Exchange) was supported.
The workshop was held during the period of 16-17th of November, 2006 and attended by representatives from the Central and Eastern European region.
At the workshop, main emphasis were placed on the international and regional legislation in the field of managing PCB waste as well as the practical experiences coming from developed countries and countries with economies in transition from the region.
List of available documents for download:
- List of participants and speakers (format: word document)
- Workshop Agenda (format: word document)
- Workshop report (format: word document)
- Workshop photos (format: pdf file)
- Other workshop materials – presentations of participants (format: power point presentation file)